Galaxy VL is a highly efficient, compact, modular, and scalable 200-500 kW (400 V/480 V) three-phase uninterruptible power supply (UPS) available worldwide that delivers top performance for medium, large, and edge data centers, as well as critical infrastructure in commercial and industrial facilities.
Its industry-leading, compact, high-density technology, and fault-tolerant architecture maximize availability, operational efficiency, and critical load protection while minimizing total cost of ownership (TCO). Thanks to patented technologies, this UPS delivers up to 99% efficiency in ECOnversion™ mode and up to 97% efficiency in double conversion mode.
Galaxy VL’s scalability enables you to pay-as-you grow, reducing both capital investment and TCO. You can buy the power modules you need up-front, and enjoy optimized operating efficiency, then add power modules with Live Swap as demand grows. The modular design also enables N+1 internal redundancy, which multiplies by 10 the system’s availability with no extra footprint.
Galaxy VL is compatible with Lithium-ion batteries. With our Schneider Electric Lithium-ion battery solution, classic VRLA, or NiCd batteries, critical loads have highly predictable runtimes.
Galaxy VL is EcoStruxure™ connected to give you peace of mind anytime, anywhere. Start-up service is included to optimize your system’s performance, quality, and safety. With Live Swap, modular design, and superior reliability, Galaxy VL is the ideal backbone for your critical infrastructure.
- Flexible DC bus - Optimizes battery sizing and supports a wide range of energy storage technologies, including VRLA, Li-ion, and NiCd batteries.
- Parallel-redundant capable - Power the connected equipment with multiple uninterruptible power supplies to increase system redundancy
- Parallel-capacity capable - Increases total power capacity by using multiple uninterruptible power supplies simultaneously.
- Robust operation - No power derating in kW up to 40 degrees C or 104 degrees F.
- Compatible with Schneider Electric's lithium ion battery solution - Reduces system footprint and weight, cooling and maintenance requirements, and total cost of ownership; offers double the life of VRLA batteries; and improves backup storage predictability and manageability.
- Modular UPS design - Provides design redundancy and fast serviceability with improved mean time to repair, via self-diagnosing, field-replaceable modules.
- Embedded Network Management Card - Allows you to remotely manage alert thresholds and monitor your UPS over EcoStruxure IT, Web, SNMP, or Modbus TCP and Modbus RTU.
- Front-access servicing - Simplifies installation and UPS maintenance while minimizing space requirements.
- Multiple levels of service offers - With the option of packages or individual service components, our services are structured to allow you to pick and choose what you would like Schneider Electric to do for you.
- EcoStruxure IT Expert - From your smartphone or computer, connect to our cloud-based, do-it-yourself monitoring system that collects, organizes, and distributes critical alerts and key information in real time, providing a unified view of even highly distributed physical infrastructure environments. Optimize your uptime and maintenance planning, and anticipate infrastructure issues before they occur with advanced analytics and performance benchmarking.
Total cost of Ownership
- High efficiency in double conversion mode - Consistently high power quality at high efficiency, even at low load levels. Any disturbances on the distribution waveform are regenerated via the zero transfer time AC to DC then DC to AC conversion process. The battery is only used as a back-up source.
- Input Power Factor Correction - Minimizes installation costs by enabling the use of smaller generators and cabling.
- Compact UPS - High-density technology and full front access make this UPS a footprint saver well suited for confined spaces.
- ECOnversion mode - Operating mode that ensures ultra high efficiency while charging the batteries, conditioning the load power factor and ensuring a Class 1 output voltage regulation.